Saturday, September 18, 2010

Toast to the Douchebags

So I was watching the VMAs last weekend and all I could feel the whole show was this overwhelming sense of disappointment and doom. I know exactly what Professor McArdle means when he says MTV is bringing about the end of humanity as we know it.

Right in the beginning of the show I watched Nikki Minaj and Will-I-Am come out in the most ridiculous outfits, displaying a pathetic excuse of musical talent. I thought there is nothing that could be more disappointing to the music industry.

Then to my surprise I watched Lady Gaga walk up stage for eight different moon man awards in an outfit made out of raw meat!?

Even worse, I almost broke into tears when I found out Justin Bieber had won the award for Best New Artist. Who has Bieber fever!?

The person that looked most awkward on stage though was the host, Chelsea Handler, and that’s due to the fact that she was the only normal person there! I mean seriously, what a horrible night, I officially hate mainstream music.

There were good parts to the VMAs. My favorite part of the entire night was when I listened to Kanye West sing his new song, Toast to the Douchebags, through a distorted synthesizer; irony anyone?

So now I have to ask, do I need to drastically lower my expectations for musical talent? Should I just give in to this popularity contest and give up on raw talent forever? Fuck no! I advise everyone to turn off their radios, pop in a CD from the 90s, and just pretend the tragedy of the VMAs never happened. Maybe if we all pretend Lady Gaga doesn’t exist, she will just disappear…Just some food for thought…May god have mercy on the music industry!

4 comments:

  1. I agree the VMA's were pretty bad this year I never got into it. The best part was Kanyes performance, but after waiting through the whole show to see that I felt sick. I mean how can lady gaga wear a dress made out of meat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The VMA's were very bad this year. Lady Gaga made me sick by what she was wearing everytime you would see her. J Bieber no comments need to be even said. Ridiculous! oh well, Kanye's song wasn't too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The VMAs were a disappointment. As every other girl, I am in love with Taylor Swift, but even she didn't impress me. I absolutely cannot stand Lady Gage, she is a freak! But yes, music lately has become a joke. I completely agree, and it is sad to see that happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. VMAs were horrible. Lady Gaga looked like she had gum on her head. Kayne West's song was terrible he should stop trying to sing and stick to rapping.

    ReplyDelete