Sunday, November 28, 2010

Home Sweet Home

I went back to my home town this week like most people and expected to feel welcomed and at ease, but instead it just seemed to be filled with stress amongst friends and my family. I went to my grandma's house on Thanksgiving Day like I do every year. I love Thanksgiving at my grandma’s mostly; my family and I (4 aunts, an uncle, 16 cousins, and others) eat a huge homemade meal; turkey and noodles, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, candied yams, fresh rolls, stuffing, it is an ideal meal... The whole time though I listened to arguing and complaining, it's really bothersome so I mostly watched football. But when I got back to Muncie this afternoon, I felt something unexpected. A feeling of home plagued me. This is where my life is now and I like it; All I can say now is home sweet home Muncie.

No comments:

Post a Comment