Sunday, November 7, 2010

My Luck Marble

(actual pic)

I thought I had came to college with everything I needed. My phone, a stereo, a computer, supplies for school; I assumed I couldn't be missing anything. A few weeks after arriving to school I realized I had lost my lucky marble that my nephew had given me a few years back. I loved that marble; anytime I would get frustrated, nervous, sad, or anxious I would grab my lucky marble and rub it between my index finger and thumb. It was such a comforting gift. Since my nephew was only 2 when he gave it to me of course he had no money to buy an actual gift, and he barely understood the idea behind Christmas. Nonetheless he got me a present and I think it was the best present I had ever received, The past 4 years it has been in my pocket through thick and thin; so when I though I had lost the damn thing I felt so bad I searched everywhere for over a week and couldn't find it anywhere, I had given up. Well on Thursday I had an inQuisit test for my Fiscal Wellness class; I forgot the test was coming up so I had no time to study for it. I though for sure I was going to fail and if I fail any test in that class, I fail the class (since there are very little points in the class). Well, while I was taking the test I got really nervous and reached in my phone to see the time (I could've  easily looked on the computer, it's just habit to look at your phone after a while); when I reached into my pocket I felt a small little ball. I didn't even think about the marble until I saw what it was, I got so happy, I rubbed it for a few seconds put, it back in my pocket, and began taking the test. I finished the test and to my surprise I got a 91% on it. Just my Luck?

No comments:

Post a Comment